Assumption of Our Lady into Heaven
Before Each Hail Mary
1. After the conversion of many in
2. After three years, She visited
3. As the Blessed Virgin felt Her death approaching, She sent out Angels to call the Apostles to come to Her for the last time. She was now in her 63rd year, 15 years after Her Sonís death, and 22 years before the destruction of
4. Peter was sleeping one night near a wall in Antioch, when a resplendent youth approached him, took him by the hand, and bade him arise and hasten to Mary. Andrew Jude, Thaddeus and Simon were in
5. Mary sat upright in bed when the Apostles came in and knelt in turn at her side. She blessed each of them. Peter celebrated Mass and gave the Blessed Sacrament to Mary. It was Friday before the Passover. At 3:00 PM, and just after Communion, Mary closed Her eyes, blooming and smiling as in Her youth. She took Her last breath with a radiant smile on Her face.
6. A pathway of light arose from Maryís body up to the throne of the Most Holy Trinity. On either side of this pathway, clouds of light, and choirs of Angels united under the soul of Mary and soared with it into the sky. Many holy souls, among whom was Joseph, Anne, Joachim, John the Baptist, Zachary, and Elizabeth, came to meet Her. Up she soared, and Her body stayed behind for 2-1/2 days.
7. On the third day, a broad pathway of light descended again down from heaven and rested upon and around Her body. In this light were circles of angels, and in the center floated down the resplendent soul of the Blessed Virgin. In front of Her came Her Son, the marks of His Wounds flashing with light. Encircling the head of the Blessed Virgin like a crown, was a choir of blessed spirits. The blessed soul of Mary, floating before Jesus, entered Her body and rose up again. She was taken once again by her Son, body and soul, and returned in triumph into the
8. Going up and up into the inner center of Heaven, Our Lady was pulled towards the Throne of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. There She took Her place at the right hand of Her Son, as the daughter of the Father, the bride of the Holy Spirit and the Mother of the Son.
9. Now all the Angels, the Prophets, Patriarchs, the holy souls that had died before and after Christís resurrection, honored Her as the greatest of all Godís creation, and the first after the Trinity in glory.
10. The Apostles with tears and embraces took leave of one another after they had once more celebrated the solemn service in Mary's house.