Bio of the author
Family: Husband David + 5 Children
Education: Bachelor of Science in General Studies (Major:
Biology, Chemistry, and Speech) Degree from
Master of Science in Education from
Doctor of Philosophy in Education from
Certified Irlen Screener – Irlen Institute,
Certificate in Teaching -
* 20 + years of Home Schooling her five children.
* Teaches undergraduate and graduate online courses.
* Registrar for Breyer State University 2001-2011
* Private Tutor since 1997
* Speaker at conferences in
* Home Schooling Consultant since 1996
* Board member –
* Chief Academic Officer –
* Board member – Northern Ohio Adoption Services 1999-2005
* Guest speaker on the History Channel – November 2009.
* Secretary/Treasurer of the Blue Army of Our Lady of Fatima- Byzantine
Associations and Memberships:
• President of the
• Member of the Round Table, a national organization of Catholic Home Schooling
• Founder and past leader of the Ohio Educators' Catholic Home Schooling Network
• Secretary/ Treasurer for the
Byzantine Blue Army Chapter for
• Secular Franciscan since 1978 and served as prefect of her fraternity for three years.
• Author of the following books: “Doorway to Heaven” , “The Unique Learner –
Homeschooling Children with Learning Disabilities” and “Philip’s Fast – 40 Days
of Advent Meditations According to the Byzantine Rite”.
• Instrumental in founding and organizing a national homeschooling organization.
• Founded and organized a state wide networking homeschooling organization.
• Founded and organized a nationwide networking homeschooling organization.
• Co-chaired from 1984-1987 and 1991-1995 local conferences for the World Apostolate of Fatima.
• Co-chaired in 1983 and 1986 local month long visitation program for the World
• Member of CHSNA delegation that
went to Rome, Italy to dialogue with Pope
• National Speaker at homeschooling
conferences in the
• Five children – 2 adopted from
• Home schooling in general with emphasis on teaching those with learning disabilities.
graduated with a degree in Criminal Justice with a minor psychology and computer
science August of 2003. Her daughter has auditory processing disorder, dyslexia and ADD.
• Boredom – Trivial nuisance or the Mother of all Problems.
How many times have we heard our children say to us: “Mom! I’m Bored!” This very statement by our children is telling us something. What we do not want is this problem to carry over into the educational aspect of our children’s day –to-day lives. This presentation will cover the problem along with along with motivational helps in teaching our children whose major complaint is boredom.
• The 21stCcentury Syndrome – Stress! Understanding & Coping with Stress in Our Daily Lives.
Stress is a major part of everyday lives. How do we recognize it much less deal with it? This presentation covers the causes of stress and how to handle it. With a little bit of knowledge and God on your side, you should be able to alleviate much of the stress in your daily life.
• Heaven’s Weapons for the Spiritually Disabled
Whether we realize it or not we are all spiritually disabled. This presentation discusses these heavenly weapons and how we are to use them to defeat the world, the flesh and the devil. In the 13th century, Our Lady told St. Dominic that one day she would use these weapons to save the world.
• Help! My Child is not Learning: Developing Learning Skills
This presentation will identify and explain vital learning skills needed for your child to be a successful student. Areas discussed will be memorization, task completion, essay/report writing, math skills and time management – to name a few.
• "Tips on Teaching the Academics" gives many helpful suggestions on not only recognizing the many problems that can surface while teaching your children, but includes tips and suggestions from the many years of home schooling her children.
• Homeschooling 101: The Basics of Getting Started. Excellent talk on the “how to’s” of starting to home school your children. This is a must for beginning parents and parents considering home schooling their children.
• Discovering and Implementing Your Child’s Learning Style. How does your child learn? What is the best method of teaching your children? Tips on how to teach your children.
• Controlling and Eliminating Stress in Home Schooling. There are many factors that cause unnecessary stress in home schooling. Some stress can be avoided, others minimized by pre-planning and making arrangements beforehand, while others require simple planning on a day- to-day basis. Excellent talk on this important subject for home schooling families.
Obstacles to Your Child’s Learning Style Using Different Methods of Teaching. What do you do when your child just can’t seem to continue with
his lessons? Dr. Moran will address the different approaches available that may
work for you and your child. Once the parent recognizes the child’s learning
style, Dr. Moran will present alternative teaching methods and techniques to
help motivate your child in the 4 R's (
• Motivating the High School Student. Are you having trouble keeping your teenager motivated and in your home school? This talk gives helpful ideas and suggestions on keeping your high school student motivated and staying focused.
Modesty for your Sons and Daughters: This
presentation covers the lost virtues of Chastity and Modesty. Included
in the presentation are the teachings of the Church, quotes from Pope Pius XII
on Modesty, and examples from the lives of the saints. All parents and teens
need to hear this presentation. Jacinta, the little seer of
• Myths and Solutions for ADD/ADHD - This presentation covers the many myths we hear about ADD/ADHD along with natural solutions to help home schooling parents of children with ADD/ADHD. It also covers some of the "causes" of this problem. With so much talk about ADD/ADHD today, it is very important to have this information
• Teaching the Unique Learner: This talk covers how to recognize learning disabilities, resources to help the home schooling parents and tips and ways to teach a child with learning disabilities.
• The 3 Last Things: Parties, Prom and Football - Mrs. Moran not only has successfully home schooled two of 5 children through high school, but knows first hand how to survive the pressures of the high school years. This talk was given at a home schooling conference. She covers how to survive the pressure parents are put through by their teens to go to High School with their friends.
• Saintly Virtues for Saintly Children, This presentation explains why it so important for our children to have the many virtues instilled in them while they are young, so that they grow up to be saintly men and women. Examples are taken from the lives of the saints and the teaching of the Church.
• Teaching and Living the Beatitudes in the 21st Century. The Emphasis in the presentation is how to live the beatitudes today. Examples taken from the saints and the period of time they lived and then it is applied to our times is emphasized. Mrs. Moran has given this talk to many High School students and youth groups.
• Spiritual and Educational Priorities for Large and not so Large Home Schooling Families. This talk stresses the spiritual aspect of home schooling and why it so important and how to make it number the #1 priority in your home schooling family. A definite must for all home schooling parents to hear and know.
I Not Here?” This wonderful talk is centered on
fostering Marian devotion in our children and of course adults too. This covers
Our Lady's most famous apparitions starting with
• Our Lady of Sorrows – Refuge for the Overworked and under- appreciated Home Schooling Mom. The core of this presentation is the 7 sorrows of Our Lady and how they apply to home schooling families, especially the mother. It is in her sorrows that we draw the strength we need to home school our children in this world today. The seven sorrows are presented as a guide for home schooling mothers. The many points presented make excellent material to meditate and think upon. Mrs. Moran’s material is taken from the writings of the saints and also from the writings of the late Bishop Fulton J. Sheen.
Power: Help for the Home Schooling Family – Mrs.
Moran in this talk addresses the power of Our Heavenly
Mother. The following points are presented: Her power in general; utilizing the
writings of the saints and the Church, her power through her holy name,
Teach Us to Pray. This presentation delves into
prayer, its importance, the types of prayer, especially mental prayer and the
sacraments in our daily lives. It has often been called the
• The 4 Dimensions of Sin - Deceive, Defile, Desensitize and Deaden - This presentation covers what sin does to a person's whole being. How sin desensitizes one's reaction to the sins of today. This goes hand in hand with the impact sin has had on the virtues of Chastity and Modesty, along with other virtues. Mrs. Moran covers how to protect yourself from having this devastating effect happen to you and your family.
• The Culture of Death and the Loss of the Sense of the Sacred. This presentation was given several years ago. It basically covers how the loss of the sense of the sacred has established in our culture today a culture of death. This is because when society loses the sense of the sacred, there is nothing left but this culture of death. This loss did not happen overnight. Mrs. Moran explains its inception and progression and how it has affected all of society today.
• The Holy Angels: Our Forgotten Companions. This presentation if desired has slides that can be given with or without the talk. It addresses Angels in Church teaching, Scripture, oral and written tradition and in the writings and lives of the saints. Mrs. Moran stresses the importance of loving your guardian angels and knowing what they can do for you. An excellent talk to instill devotion to the Holy Angels in family.
• The Two Hearts are One: This presentation was give at the IHM conference in 2004. This talk covers the origins and Church teachings on the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. It includes private revelations from the saints and their writings. Through her research, Mrs. Moran shows that the Two Hearts are indeed one and a great gift of grace from God to this sinful generation. A must for lovers of the two hearts of Jesus and Mary to hear.
• Heaven's Weapon: This talk is on the holy rosary, the origin of the rosary, the power of the rosary, along with many examples in history showing how the praying of the rosary has saved the world during various times in history. Mrs. Moran has given this talk many times in the past and at conferences. It is a very important talk, because people can become lukewarm and negligent about praying the rosary. The devil attacks the hardest here. He does not want the rosary prayed. Everyone needs to realize the importance and the power of this pray. Mrs. Moran includes the apparitions of Our Lady on the Rosary and what Our Heavenly Mother has asked of her children concerning this very powerful prayer.
• Our Lady's Mantle: This presentation is on the Brown Scapular. Along with the rosary, these are the two weapons Our Heavenly Mother gave us to defeat the world, the flesh and the devil. She told this to St. Dominic in the 13th century. Mrs. Moran includes how this great gift from heaven was given to us along with the many examples from the lives of the saints on the power of this great sacramental. These two talks, Heaven's Weapon and Our Lady's Mantle cover what Our Lady has given to us to defeat the evil one. The rosary and the brown scapular are the two greatest sacramentals of our time, given to us by Our Heavenly Mother, who wants to protect and save her children.
All of Mrs. Moran’s spiritual talks are taken from her book, "The Doorway to Heaven". The book has approval from her bishop that the contents are free from doctrinal error. The "Holy Angels" presentation also has a nihil obstat and imprimatur.
Additional topics by request
Her book, "The Doorway to Heaven" contains the many lectures she has given over the
past 20 years on the various aspects of our rich and beautiful Catholic Faith.
Her latest book, “The Unique Learner – Home Schooling Children with Learning
Disabilities” is now available.
Just finished is “Philip’s Fast – 40 days of Advent Meditations According to the Byzantine
Many of her lectures on home schooling are taken from her latest book still in the editing
and writing stage: “Home Schooling for Heaven, not Harvard.”
She has been homeschooling her 5 children for the past 20+ years and speaking at
conferences around the country. She is president of the
that spoke about Catholic Home Schooling in
and curia in
receive Holy Communion from Pope
Homeschooling to many groups and at many conferences with the emphasis on the challenge
of teaching a child with learning disabilities. She has successfully home schooled her second
son who is a dyslexic and had ADHD. He is a graduate of YSU: majoring in Criminal Justice
with a minor psychology and computer science. Her "Tips on Teaching the Academics" gives
many helpful suggestions on not only recognizing the many problems that can surface while
teaching your children, but includes tips and suggestions from the many years of
homeschooling her children.
Other topics include: Marian Modesty in dress and deportment, Saintly Virtues for saintly
children, Teaching and living the Beatitudes in Modern Times (emphasis on examples from the
their times and how to apply it to today),
model for today's fathers, Spiritual and Educational Priorities for (large) homeschooling families.
Other topics by request.
She became a Secular Franciscan in 1978 and served as prefect of
her fraternity for three years. She is presently Secretary-Treasurer of the
Blue Army of Our Lady of Fatima - Byzantine Chapter of Warren, OH and also the
speaker for the chapter. She has presented the Fatima message to over 20,000 +
children and adults in the
1. First Friday Eucharist Vigils
2. The International Rosary March on the first Sundays of May and October in her
3. She has twice co-chaired the visit of the International Pilgrim
Virgin Statue of Our Lady o
Her book, "The Doorway to Heaven" contains the many lectures she has given over the past 20 years on the various aspects of our rich and beautiful Catholic Faith. Excellent resource book for Homeschooling moms.